ITANA Face2Face 2013. EA In Action: The value of Enterprise Architecture. Tuesday, October 15th in Anaheim, CA.
This full-day workshop will focus on how Enterprise Architecture (EA) delivers business effectiveness, fiscal efficiency and enhanced agility. A guest speaker panel will discuss where they see value in Enterprise Architecture. Case Studies will demonstrate different ways for architects to deliver value to their institutions. Group work will let you reflect on your own architecture practice and enhance your take-home lessons. Join your peers for an interactive day sharing your case studies and getting feedback on your practice and ideas.
Theme: EA In Action: The Business Value of Architecture: Delivering Business Effectiveness, Fiscal Efficiency and Enhanced Agility.
8:00 Intro and overview of the day
8:15 2011 – Your leadership role as an EA
8:30 2012 – Simple and clear communication tools.
8:45 Measuring the impact of your practice / Breakout discussion
10:00 Panel discussion: Investing in EA during tight budget times
- John Gohsman, Washington University in St. Louis, Vice Chancellor and CIO
- Ron Kraemer, Notre Dame, VP/CIO,
- Charles Leonhardt, Georgetown University, CTO/Lecturer
- Jeff Shokler, UW-Madison, Assistant Director, Advising Technology and Assessment
12:30 EA in Action: Case Studies
- UW-Madison’s Advising Architecture Review Board
- U-Mich Governance: Making quicker and stronger decisions
- UBC – Application Portfolio Reduction
- UMUC – Capability Mapping and Investment Strategy
- UW-Madison’s SOA / CHUB / AIA
- Your Case Study Here!
2:30 Communicating from EA / Breakout discussion
3:30 Group Discussion: Disruptive technologies
3:45 Wrap up Discussion