Joint ITANA and CIO CG ScreenScreen: Enterprise Architecture – Shining a Light on IT Spend, March 15, 2013 2:00PM to 3:00PM
EST (GMT -5) Correction EDT (GMT -4)
Three case studies and a panel discussion will highlight how Enterprise Architecture (EA) helps IT leadership shine a light on IT spend for their business partners on campus. At UBC, EA blueprint activities help the business side of the enterprise recognize redundancies in the IT portfolio and help them link acquisitions to campus strategy. UMUC is using Capability Mapping to plan and manage expenditures and to help business partners to invest strategically. UW-Madison has an Architecture Review Board that bring the business side into the discussion and educates them on the complexities of IT projects, IT landscape and IT strategic planning.
Join us for three case studies and a panel discussion. Presenting the case studies are:
- Paul Hobson, Director of Enterprise Architecture, University of British Columbia
- Jim Phelps, Enterprise Architect, University of Wisconsin – Madison and
- Richmond Stevenson, Assistant Vice President for Enterprise Architecture and Strategy, University of Maryland University College
This event will be co-hosted by:
- Jim Phelps, Chair of ITANA
- Theresa Rowe, CIO, Oakland University and Chair of EDUCAUSE CIO Constituent Group
Please see the ITANA Screen2Screen wiki page for details on how to join the session.